Basic Ranger Skills Overview
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Continue on to the next page: F.L.A.M.E
Ranger skills are the techniques employed when encountering a situation that may need Rangering and include engaging in conflict mediation and resolution.
This module was previously called "Mediation 101" in past years.
- FIND OUT about the situation.
- LISTEN to all parties and sides.
- ANALYZE the information using your understanding of the situation.
- MEDIATE and help facilitate the parties reaching their own joint solution.
- EXPLAIN the outcome to everyone.
- First, "Do Nothing"
- Your Reason for Approaching the Situation
- Situational Awareness
- Introduce Yourself
- Using your Notebook
- Intervention and Escalation
- Mediating as a Neutral Third Party
- Empathy and Empathetic Attunement
- Interest vs. Position
- Creating Options
- Conflict Resolution
- Mediating Stressed Out Participants
- Self-Awareness: Trigger Issues
- Kick it sideways
- Self Care and Responder Trauma